Upcoming Public Events
- Sunday 2nd and Saturday 15th December Two evenings of stolen cello pieces performed by local Blue Mountains based classical guitarist Mitchell Newton. The programme will include Bach and Ligeti as well as an original arranged of the Kodaly Sonata for Solo Cello and a new work by Mitchell. Mixing sounds that have been staples not only in cello concerts but also loved in guitar circles with new and more exciting sounds for a varied evening of music. Tickets are $20 Adult / $15 concession
- Friday 27th April Mitchell will be performing a solo recital of traditional and contemporary music for the classical guitar in the beautiful library room in the beautiful Carrington Hotel in Katoomba. The programme will include Stele by the late guitarist and composer Phillip Houghton. Doors will open 5:45 pm. Tickets will be available at the door or can be booked by contacting Mitchell.
- Friday Sept 23rd Mitchell will be giving a recital at the Penrith school of guitar
- Sat 19th August 7pm Mitchell will give a solo classical guitar recital In Faulconbridge Community Hall. For further information or to book tickets email, or call Mitchell (0415 329 684) or leave a message on the contact page. Tickets $15 or $12 concession.
- 30th July 2017 Mitchell will be conducting the Penrith Classical Guitar Ensemble in the old Presbyterian Church in Springwood. The concert will include a selections of Mitchell's arrangements and a premier of an original piece
- October 20th Mitchell will be performing at CAPOW (Composers and Performers out West) in the Playhouse Theatre
- May 21st Mitchell will be conducting the Penrith Guitar Club ensemble who will be performing Mitchell's new work "Affected Impressions" at Hopetoun Village, Castle Hill
- Friday Sept 2nd 10am Mitchell will be performing and original work "Guitar Soundscape No.1" for guitar and live electronics at the creativity unlimited festival, Western Sydney University.